UV LIGHTS INSPIRED DRINK WITH BUTTERFLY PEA TEA
Dying Light 2
PREPARATION TIME: 40 minutes
SERVINGS: 1 servings
1 tsp / 8 dried flowers of butterfly pea tea*
1 cup / 240 ml boiling water
2 tsp honey, or as needed
2 tsp lemon juice, or as needed
1 tsp raspberry syrup
a few leaves of fresh mint
a few ice cubes
1 small glass / 50ml liquor (optional)
sugar for glass rim (optional)
- Add tea flowers to a pot or glass, pour in boiling water, stir and let steep for 15 minutes, then strain and let cool to room temperature.
- Roll out the lemon with a palm on a table, then halve it and squeeze out the juice.
- Pour cooled tea infusion into the serving glass, add honey and stir.
- Dip the serving glass rim in water, and then dip it in sugar to create a ornamental sugar coat.
*for more precise information on how to steep the tea, check the preparation instructions on the tea package you have; and drink in moderation according to the suggestions desribed on the tea package
- Then add lemon juice and see how color changes from blue to violet.
- Add some raspberry syrup – it will turn color to more magenta, but it’s vital for a better flavour.
- Rub several mint leaves between fingers and add to the glass, stir again.
- You can balance the sweet-sour flavour by adding more honey or lemon juice..
- Add ice cubes, garnish with mint and serve!
- If you’d like you can add a splash of liquor, as vodka or rum, to the drink!