only Polish captions
“THE SANDWICH” WITH MULTI-MEAT [VEGAN] SALAMI
PREPARATION TIME: approx. 3h
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 10 servings
pot with a steamer
MULTI-MEAT SALAMI – DRY INGREDIENTS
1 cup of gluten (seitan) powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons inactive yeast flakes
2 tablespoons potato starch
1.5 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon gyro seasoning
1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
MULTI-MEAT SALAMI – WET INGREDIENTS
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 teaspoons mustard
2 tablespoons beet borscht concentrate or beet juice
1 teaspoon tomato paste
3 dried tomatoes, chopped
1/3 block (80g) of smoked tofu, crumbled
2/3 cup water
processed cheese slices
MULTI-MEAT SALAMI – DOUGH
- Put all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well with a fork.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients (excluding water), add crumbled tofu using your fingers, mix well, then pour in water and mix until combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mix with a fork, then knead by hand just until combined.
- Shape the dough into a thick cylinder, similar to salami. Tap it with your hands to make it dense and smooth out its surface.
- Wrap it tightly in baking paper, then in aluminum foil. Twist the ends (like candy in a wrapper).
COOKING THE VEGETABLE SALAMI
- Fill the pot with water, place the upper part of the steamer on the pot and cover. Bring the water to a boil.
- Place the salami wrapped in paper and foil in the steamer.
- Cover the pot and steam for about 1h.
- Remove the salami from the steamer, slightly peel back the foil and paper to release steam, and let it cool completely.
- For a better consistency, refrigerate the salami for at least 3h, preferably 12h. Then slice it thinly.
Spread mayo and mustard on the sandwich. Add lettuce, cheese, and slices of plant-based salami. Take a bite and enjoy the wonders of faux meat!
Sponsored post in collaboration with Bethesda Polska.