(captions only in Polish for now)
CHUNKS BAKED POTATO
PREP TIME: 1,5 h
mould for monoportion or a small cake tin
1 large clove of garlic
1 egg, separated white and yolk
4 tablespoons / 60 ml hipping cream, about 30% fat
40 g of hard cheese, such as Grana Padano or Parmesan
2 tablespoons of allpurpose flour
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 pinches of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 pinches of freshly ground black pepper
2 chives leaves, chopped
¾ cup sour cream 18% fat
a handful of dill, chopped
a pinch of salt and pepper
oil to brush the mold
- Wash and peel the potatoes.
- Grate potatoes + onion + garlic on the finest holes of a grater.
- Put the grated mass into a sieve, put it on a bowl and leave it for a while so that the liquid drains out, pour out the liquid.
- Put the potato mixture back in a bowl and add the egg yolk, cream, grated cheese, flour, thyme, grated nutmeg, pepper and salt.
- Thoroughly mix everything until you get a uniform mass.
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff in a metal bowl.
- Gently fold in the egg whites into the potato batter.
FORMING AND BAKING
- Brush the form with oil – you can use a small, regular cake tin and cut into squares after baking, or use a special form for the so-called monoportions.
- Put the mixture into the mould.
- Smooth the surface of the mass, then sprinkle the top with chives and pepper.
- Bake at 190°C for approx. 60 minutes until golden brown – if you want a very crispy crust, bake for 10 minutes longer until it is very brown.
Combine the dip ingredients – sour cream, dill, salt and pepper.
Serve the baked Chunks hot with a dollop of dip sauce. You can reheat Chunks by frying them on each side in a pan until golden brown.
Sponsored post in cooperation with Bethesda Poland