CHAMOMILE & HONEY MEDICINE DRINK
Dying Light 2
PREPARATION TIME: 20 min
SERVINGS: 1 serving
kettle or pot
2/3 cup boiling water
2 slices ginger, peeled
1 small cinnamon stick
1 tbsp dried chamomile
1 cup plant milk (such as oat) or regular milk
1 tbsp honey, or as needed
1/3 tsp ground turmeric
2 pinches ground cinnamon to garnish
a pinch of salt
- Peel the ginger and roughly chop it.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add chamomile, ginger, and a cinnamon stick to a glass.
- Pour in boiling water, cover, and let the infusion steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the infusion, discard solids.
- Heat the milk until slightly steaming, but do not bring it to a boil.
- Stir in honey into milk.
- Add turmeric.
- Pour in strained chamomile infusion into the warm milk.
- Whisk vigorously to froth up.
- Sprinkle with two pinches of ground cinnamon, and garnish with chamomile flowers on top for serving if desired.
- Serve warm.